Emma St. Aubin email@example.com
There’s more to Stevens Point than going to class and writing papers. What you will remember most fondly are those other college traditions and the beloved quirky activities.
Although this list does not have an official seal attached to it, it still contains time-honored activities and rituals admired by those in the Stevens Point area.
1. Embrace wildlife and adventure through Schmeekle Reserve.Fish, canoe, or watch wildlife on Lake Joanis and utilize the trails for running, walking or biking. The visitor center is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and houses a gift shop with a wide selection of nature inspired gifts, the Wisconsin Conservation Hall of Fame, and is the headquarters of the Green Circle Trail.
2. Take a trip off campus and explore the surrounding area.Check out the parks in town like Iverson Park, Pfiffner Pioneer Park, Bukolt Park, or even your neighborhood swing set.
3. Coffee Shop Hop.As a college town, there are countless places to get a quick caffeine fix either with a few friends or a few books.
4. Go downtown.Stroll the farmers market, discover family- owned restaurants, and browse the local shops.
5. Indulge in some delicious ice cream at Belts’.Calories don’t matter when they are smothered in homemade brownies, cookie dough and a savory mix of chocolate and vanilla soft-serve.
6. Tour the Stevens Point Brewery.Visit one of the oldest breweries in the country and learn the history behind the brew while tasting the award-winning products. Heads up, tours are limited to the first 25 individuals to call and make reservations.
7. Ice skate at the Willett.Located on Minnesota Avenue, the ice arena is open for public skating year-round.
8. Enjoy what campus has to offer.Each building has a hidden gem. The library houses the Museum of Natural History, the Noel Fine Arts Center exhibits the Carlsten Art Gallery, and within the science building resides the planetarium and observatory.
9. Show your Pointer pride and attend a sporting event.There are sports to watch year-round so choose your favorite and cheer on the team. If you would rather play the game than watch it, gather a group of friends or meet some new ones and join an intramural sport— preferably one that you have never played before. Maybe you will form an admiration for broomball or win the softball championship!
10. Look at the local listings for shows.The Noel Fine Arts Center puts on multiple plays throughout the year and entertainment finds its way into the Dreyfus University Center almost weekly. Sentry Insurance also often has entertainment ranging from musicians to comedians and there are always movies being played at the theatres around town.?